Monday, October 3, 2011

Week 4: Radio Frequency Identification

This week in class, there were two topics that I felf could be helpful when it comes to the success of my food truck.  First, we have this thing called Radio Frequency Identification.  This is basically a little chip that can be put into anything you want so you can keep track of its location at all times, through the use of radio waves.  Considering I will be a moving food truck, why not put a RFID in my truck so people are able to find out where I am located at all times?  This will not only make my life easier but it will make the lives of all my guests easier as well.  All they have to do is call a number, find out where I am (the people who are tracking me), and then come and find me at that location.  In my opinion,this will help my business a great deal.

Once the guests arrive at my truck, individuals may not automatically have cash on them.  In order for me to save time with swiping cards instead of taking cash, guests can use good wallet.  This is basically a system that is faster than bluetooth.  All that these guests will have to do is scan the barcode to the barcode on the truck and be able to pay within seconds.  This is a free service that I think people should use.  It is safe if they lock their phones with their credit card information.  They just need to tap a button, pay, and then save.  This will be much more time efficient all together, and will benefit me a great deal when it comes to time management.

Both of these ideas will help me increase my revenue and also help me to publicize my business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment