Monday, September 26, 2011

Week 3: Identity Theft

Who would ever want someone going into their own personal account and stealing money from you? Not I.  In my opinion, its a little eary that individuals in the world today find it so easy to steal a person's identity from them. Identity left seems to be more and more common to us as the years go on.  Did you know that 18-29 year olds account for almost 30% of all identity theft complaints?  I am 21 so I should be in high alert at all times.  The last thing that I want is someone increasing their accounts through the means of stealing from me.

I am going to take you through the ways of how you should try to avoid identity theft.  I know that this doesn't completely relate to my business, but if you do happen to get your identity taken from your while at my truck, it becomes my business.  Do not use debit cards, never disclose your SSN unless you absolutely need to on a form, do not provide bank account or credit card info unless you made the call, check all of your monthly statements carefully to look for weird stuff, minimize what's in your wallet at all times, and memorize your pin as well.  The last two are very important.  Try to never keep a lot of cards, money, and information on you at all times. It is better to be safe than sorry in the end.  Also, memorize your pin and cover it up when you are standing at an atm.  In my case, if you are standing outside my truck, make sure to take caution and cover up your pin with your hand when you are typing it.  Trust me, stuff happens and you do not want it to happen to you!

Take caution and be careful.  You want to keep your identity to yourself!

1 comment:

  1. I love where you are going with this idea! I'm from NJ so I'm in love with the grease trucks at Rutgers of course. Also, many of these desert, cupcake, ice cream, stores are becoming very fashionable where I'm from. I think it's definitely a lucrative idea to take it from just a store front to a truck and have your business mobile and moving. To further extend the prospects of Sweets on the Go, blog a little more about how followers on Twitter or Facebook can find the truck (if you decide to move it to different areas). It might be a smart idea to place a GPS device on the truck and have a website of people who can follow it. Also, these trendy desert destinations typically have a very "cutesy" theme to draw attention. Try to incorporate a theme to your truck to give it more of a presence. To enhance your web presence as well, have users tweet their photos of the cupcake they ate at Sweets on the Go, or upload to the Facebook group. Have promotionals on Twitter or Facbeook, for example have a 50% all ice creams for whoever is the 50th person to RT this tweet! This will have consumers paying attention and looking out for your tweets. I love where you're going with the idea, just try to develop more of a theme.

    ReplyDelete