Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Week 6: digital color

Due to my computer crashing last night, I was unable to write on the blog before midnight.  I am now back in action though!  My advice, do not get a dell but that's just my opinion.  This past week, we learned about digital color.  We learned about the difference between rbg and cmyk.  Basically rbg is composed of three colors, red, green and blue.  These are the primary or what we can call additive colors.  When you add all of these colors together, you get white.  On the contrary, cmyk are used in the print world and consist of cyan, magenta, yellow and black.  These are called our secondary or also known as subtractive colors.  When you add all these together, you get black.  When you mix any two primary colors, you will get the secondary color.

This is important when looking into my business, for pr purposes.  If I want to get a certain color for a poster, for my truck, or for any publicity signs/commercials, I will want the perfect color.  It is important to know how to combine the colors to get what I want.  We know that red is FF0000, green is 00FF00, and blue is 0000FF.  With that, we can make the colors darker or lighter, and combine them as well to get other colors.  For example, if I want a yellow truck, it would be FFFFOO which is the combination of red and green.  Of course, this may be confusing but once you get the hang of it, I will be able to make every color imaginable.  I also want to make my business "pop," in order to attract all different crowds.  Color is the one thing that really catches the viewers eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment